How to get real followers on Twitter?
I mean real, engaged followers. It is obvious, that you should be providing valuable content first. But how to get the critical mass to let this content spread the world?
Borys Musielak Fouder of Filmaster.com, the ultimate video recommendation service
- Become famous and the followers will follow (I know...)
- Get out of the computer desk and meet with real people using Twitter. Have your @twitterhandle on your ID card, ask them to follow you, they will
- Engage with discussions with experts in your area. If they answer you, you get a followers boost, if they retweet you, same. Do this every day for a year and you'll get to some 1000 real followers. Yeah, it's painful.
- Provide interesting content for those who already decided to follow you (there are many articles describing what are the dos and donts of Twitter so I won't elaborate on this here).
I found that blogging for TechCrunch is invaluable tool to build followers, especially if Mike Butcher tweets you out. Something unusual in this direction.
Elijah Ezendu Award-Winning Business Expert & Speaker
The following schemes would be useful for amassing real followers in Twitter.
1. Strategic Planning
2. Strategic Alignment
3. Content Development
4. Image Development
5. Transactor Engagement
6. Link Baiting
7. Targeted Blogging
8. Press Release
9. Social Bookmarking
10. Interconnected Activities in Social Sites
11. Business Cards
12. Corporate Documents
13. Face to Face Networking
14. Mobile Networking
15. Webcast Twitter Handle & Content
Dr Elijah Ezendu
Answer this question
Write a full and a complete answer. Use your knowlede to help others!